Tuesday, 27 March 2012

FAQ cont'd

Q7) I bought some zoflora as it says safe to use in pet areas, thing is would it be
safe to use near buns? I know it wouldn't kill EC spores though.

A7) This is from the safety data sheet, which makes me think, no, it’s not a good
idea round pets:

R11
Highly flammable
R21/22
Harmful in contact with skin and if swallowed
R23/24/25
Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
R34
Cause burns
R36
Irritating to eyes
R38
Irritating to skin
R39/23/24/25
Toxic: danger of very serious irreversible effects through inhalation, in
contact with skin and if swallowed
R43
May cause sensitisation by skin contact
R50
Very toxic to aquatic organisms.
R51/53
Toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long term effects in the aquatic
environment.
R52/53
Harmful to aquatic organisms, may cause long term effects in the aquatic
environment.
R65
Harmful: may cause lung damage if swallowed.
H225
Highly flammable liquid and vapour
H301
Toxic if swallowed
H302
Harmful if swallowed
H311
Toxic in contact with skin
H312
Harmful in contact with skin
H314
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
H331
Toxic if inhaled
H370
Causes damage to organs
H400
Very toxic to aquatic life

1 comment:

  1. We use white vinegar (available at Tesco or Summer Naturals online) for cleaning all our rabbit houses and litter boxes. It is non toxic and has natural anti-fungal and disinfectant properties. I always rinse afterwards to get rid of the smell, as well as it will naturally evaporate.

    ReplyDelete